Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Barbara Ferrier Paints

Barbara Ferrier Painting Twilight Crossing "Twilight Crossing" Acrylic on Canvas 18 x 24 $950


Welcome to my paintings, which I hope will feel like mini vacations for you to look at! My goal is to create several paintings each week and have plenty of work available for people to live with. You may hold me to this commitment! I am quite inspired by the painting a day movement. Most such paintings are quite small - around 8 inches square. Larger paintings make a wonderful presence also - but they can take me many days. So I am firmly committed to making both approaches work.

I have three subjects that are dear to my heart and I often jump from one to the next to keep my brain fresh (so I don't overwork my work). I love to paint lands
capes, people, and what I call 'square box' paintings. I've spent a lot of time recently painting pieces that wrap around deeply stretched canvas bars (the edges are 3" deep). It's a very fun way to create a presence in a room because the paintings almost feel sculptural. It's not a subject matter but it does inspire a certain style of landscape that is different from my other paintings.

No comments: