Wednesday, January 29, 2014

This project is called The Land of Kalendra. Enjoy!!

Tahendra 

 Tahendra, the person shown here, is a traveler in the Land of Kalendra.   $1250  

What is Land of Kalendra? Here's the back story:
After my oldest daughter was born, it was hard to get time to paint - or do anything for that matter. She slept 5 hours at night and only took one 10 minute nap a day. I was afraid to drive to the grocery store I was so tired. The blessing in disguise (besides my daughter) was that at night my husband and I would  look at my paintings and invent stories chronicling  the adventures of a group of characters inside the world of my paintings.  At that time I didn't have the skill to paint portraits, so I wrote character descriptions and painted landscapes, confident I would develop the portrait skills.

I've been sifting through notes and finding more pieces of their story. The cast of characters I wrote about then are filling my canvasses now. I invite you to enjoy this adventure with me and add your 2 cents as you see fit.
Your comments are definitely valued and appreciated.

No comments: