Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Violinist Time Lapse



The Violinist, based on Shannon Frid of Cloud Cult, was a genuine pleasure to paint. In this time lapse you can see that when I began this painting she was seated next to a window at sunset. The lighting that day was so beautiful. As I painted I realized that I could show her beauty off so much better if I created a dark background. When I put stage lighting behind her  the light coming in from the window fit perfectly. That lighting creates such an intimacy with the detail of her skin and face.

Cloud cult's music is so visual and with their painters performing along with the band I always associate the two together. It was natural to add color to the violin itself - as if the violin makes music by its very being - even when it isn't being played.
   $1250
As always your comments are welcome and appreciated.

No comments: