Sunday, March 15, 2015

STRENGTH to make it to the top Title: Cascading Ascent

I updated this painting recently because it is SOOO Motivating!! Wouldn't you love to be as strong as this woman? I know I would. She is the ultimate in pure strength and agility. Physically running to the top of a beautifully rugged path perfectly parallels the strength and outlook we acquire as we put our next adventures together - those amazing ones way off the beaten path. And you know what? She is going to make it there with ease. And so are we!!  Words of advice: Don't forget to enjoy the view along the way.  It always feels so good to be above the lowland trail - you know - the beginning of every hike where you're traveling through the forest floor for what feels like forever? How much longer? As if by magic the scenery changes and the path opens into a place you've never been before. A place that is wondrous at every turn. All I can say is that, if I were her, I'd set my tent up on a high perch, protected by the wind and elements where I have the most incredible view into this valley ever!!

In reviving my Woman in Sports series lately (that I began the drawings for the year my kids were all in track and my husband coached them.) Do you suppose this is a Self portrait of my mind?

$2150. 



No comments: