Monday, June 30, 2008

About this Blog

Unlike my website, this blog includes several approaches to painting all in one long stream. For example, my daily paintings are very spontaneous for the most part. I think of them as painted 'sketches.' My larger, more detailed paintings are also here, but included far less frequently.

As you read through this blog, you'll find that there are a lot of references to early experiences that shaped my approach and outlook. They're not chronological by any means. At my website, www.barbaraferrier.com you'll find my Bio is far more chronological. Some of the early experiences - like the desire to improve, and artists who inspired me - never go away - but the list of those I admire increases constantly. In the meantime I have some landscapes to (hopefully) post by Friday!!!

No comments: