Tuesday, September 30, 2014

October 1, 2014 UPDATE of THIS BLOG

I have several ongoing painting projects that are very important for me to share. Some of these projects appeal to different people, and as a result they can get confusing. I want to describe them separately just to clarify.

1)I have a story that I've alluded to here before. It's called the Land of Kalendra. Ultimately it is fictional, somewhere between a novel, a feature film and a video game. It's made out of paintings and writings and I haven't released many of my words yet. We'd best consider it trans media - but some of the media it involves are things like coloring book pages based on my paintings - not so high tech. I'm fine with technology, but I like things I can make with my hands. And face it, who doesn't like to color? It feels good and I promise my designs, as I release them will be satisfying.  I even have work book pages with questions the characters in the story have to answer so  you can ask what you'd do if you were them. Depending on the mood someone is in, they can draw, write or read and enjoy the landscapes of this completely fun and colorful place and its characters. I'm also planning to make more paintings available as high quality prints - so they're affordable to a lot of people.

2)Using the same style (because it's the one I really thrive on), I have a different project called "Images of Empowered Women." In that project I paint portraits of amazing women and write their stories. I haven't released any of those yet - but they're coming.

3)And of course my 3rd, equally relevant project is providing custom portraits for people - again in my signature style. With those paintings I once again create the portraits in my way, but sometimes people have special requests beyond making sure I capture their likeness. Each of those projects provide it's own gifts as well.

If you at any time have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I am located at barbara@barbaraferrier.com

Thank you so much. I am grateful you stopped by my blog. I hope I can be of great service to you in the future. That's what I'm here for.

No comments: